AM I STILL WORTHY?


At A Foursquare Church in Camarin, Novaliches

January 24, 2007 Wednesday 2:00 A.M.


After I finished reviewing my lessons in preparation for my exam on Thursday, I immediately feel the motivation to study the Bible. Or perhaps the urgency or need to refresh my mind with God's principles. I admit that I wasn't an "avid reader" of the Bible recently and my life is somewhat in messy condition. In short, I am losing the sense of direction in life. But I believe that all things happen for a purpose.


For the past few months, I've been questioning myself if I am still worthy before the presence of God. As a Christian, I stick to the promise of Jesus that if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). But at the same time, having a human mind leaves me to doubt His promise.


The Word of God gives an explicit answer to my question. As I opened my Bible, I saw Pslam 15 which cathches my attention. King David, the book's author, asked the Lord Himself: "Lord, who may dwell in Your sanctuary? Who may live on Your holy hill?" Look at the succeeding verses. This leads me to asked myself: Do I walk a blameless life? Do my deeds reighteous before His sight? Do I speak the truth from my heart and does not slander on my own tongue? Am I a good fellwoman? Do I hate the evil ways of vile men or do I participate with them? Am I giving due respect to my fellow Christians? Do I keep my oaths even if it hurts? Do I lend my money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent? When I search for myself in light of these things, I found myslef very weak and helpless. How shameful I am! With these standards, I am too far from God's holy hill. No sinful person can stand before the holy presence of God!


God reminded me that outside His presence, I will not find true peace, security, happiness, and contentment. It is only by the complete surrendering to Jesus that God will find favor upon my poor soul. I ask forgiveness from the Father for all my iniquities. May He give me the strength to overcome the things of the past and totally forsake what is left behind that hinders my relationship with Him. Lord, search my heart.


The chapter ends with this statement: "He who does these things will never be shaken." What an awesome description of a person who walks righteously before the eys of the Lord and before his fellowmen! Mountains and trials may come his way, but surely God will keep him safe and secure.
===============================================

NEXT ARTICLE:

ISOLATION OR NOT?