A call from a very nice, 71-year-old woman from California

I had a call from a 71-year-old woman from California whose main concern was to inquire why she was not getting channel 501 (Turner Classic Movies, her favorite channel) on her cable TV. As a customer service representative, it is my duty to address her concern accurately and as quick as possible. When I looked at her account, I found out that channel 501 is not part of her subscription package. I told her about this and she said how much will she be paying if she's going to add the channel to her existing package. I informed her that I could answer her query because I am from the activations department, but I could transfer her call over to our sales department. During our conversation, she noticed that I have a different accent and she asked me where I was located. I told her without hesitation that I am from the Philippines. To my surprise, she was delighted in knowing me that I am a Filipino! She then started to talk so many things that the call lasted for about one hour and thirty minutes. This was my longest call ever for five months in the call center. She once lived here in the Philippines (in La Union) for about 8 years with her husband, a child psychologist. She told me how grateful she was to the Filipinos and .....

to be continued....