death of my friend's brother: bone cancer

tuesday last week, a brother of my closest friend in my hometown passed away in a disease: bone cancer... for one year, he was under medical observation and treatment in Philippine General Hospital... just last june this year, his father (the barangay captain of our barrio) told us that his son will be returning on the first week of june because he was already well... to our surprise, we were again told that he's already dying! it was such a depressing moment for all of us who knew him personally... he has not yet reached the age of 30 when he died... an electrical engineer, he used to work in an electric cooperative... a consistent first honor student from grade I to grade VI and graduated salutatorian in high school.. even in his college days, he made a lot of accomplishments... my friend was crying when he was informed that his brother died... i felt the guiltiness that i wasn't able to visit his brother in the hospital... i just hope that i was there physically to encourage him.. jonas has been my best buddy when i was still in the province.. he always listens when i have problems.. my whole family grieved for what had happened.. they were close family friends of ours.. my friend asked me in a text message if it was the right time for his brother to die... because he believed it's not yet time... God has a purpose for everything that is happening in each person's life.. we may not understand it right away, but He will make it understand for us.. it's hard to lose a loved one... my prayer is that jonas' whole family will be able to cope up with the death of their loved one and go on with their lives as they take the journey of life...