Index Salon At Starmall: The Use of ‘Po’ and ‘Opo’

After the shift, my friend and I decided to watch the movie Legion at Starmall, just across EDSA Shangri-La mall. For one thing, it only costs P110 compare to P160 in SM cinemas. It was 6:20 already and the movie started 6:15pm. The next show would be 8:50pm. We’re still waiting for Raymond who is still on his way from Bicutan. So Anton decided to go to Index salon for a haircut while we’re waiting for Raymond.
So here I am sitting in a couch inside the Index salon. I asked the receptionist if I could ‘charge’ my laptop inside the salon, and she gave me permission. While waiting for Anton to finish his haircut stuff and for Raymond to arrive, I thought of writing something. Thanks to Windows Live Writer, a new software developed by MSN, I am able to write something that interest me, upload photos, etc and then save them as drafts. Then whenever I go online, I just have to post those drafts then they would automatically be published in my Blogger website.

One thing that caught my attention inside the salon is a note from the management posted in the wall. It says,
“Paalala po sa lahat ng empleyado ng Index: Ang pagsagot ng “PO” at “OPO” ay mahigpit na ipinatutupad dito sa loob ng salon. Tandaan: Ang pagiging magalang ay tanda ng maganda ang pamilyang pinagmulan.” 
I really like this kind of practice being implemented by Index management to its employees. This would reinforce the traditional values of Filipinos of being polite. The note further says that being polite means you have a good family background.