Wife of world renowned evangelist Benny Hinn files for divorce


On February 1, Suzanne Hinn, wife of televangelist Benny Hinn, files for divorce in the US after 30 years of marriage. Mrs. Hinn cited about irreconciliable differences between the two of them. This is one of the most shocking news I've ever heard in the Pentecostal community involving a high profile church minister of our time.

I've first heard about the ministry of Benny Hinn when I was just a small kid way back in 1990s. Miracle crusades here in the Philippines in 1980s to 1990s were spreading back then led by Western missionaries and evangelists including Benny Hinn himself. Many people would question why that happened, and for sure this would lead some Christians to doubt about the authenticity of Hinn's ministries and perhaps with other evangelists as well. I think he needs to issue an official statement about the issue since his ministry has thousands of supporters from around the world.

We are all humans, and more often than not, we commit mistakes - and sins.

And another thing is: good that we don't have divorce here in the Philippines. For me, it is ugly. I believe in the sanctity of family. I hope that our lawmakers would continuously uphold the traditions of The Filipino Family today and in the future.