1st Civil Service Examination-Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) for 2010 set on April 25

On February 18 Thursday, my friend (Anton) and I applied for the Civil Service Examination in the regional office of Civil Service Commission in Banawe, Quezon City. The deadline for submission of requirements is on March 10. This would be my first time to take the exam. The exam is designed for those who want to work in the government. Requirements are as follows as posted in CSC website:

1. Applicants must accomplish properly the prescribed examination application form (CS Form No. 100 Revised 2008).

2. Four (4) latest and identical (1.5” x 2”) I.D. pictures with white background and with a full name tag that includes the surname, first name and middle initial taken within three (3) months before the date of filing of the application. Pictures that are scanned, photocopied or computer-enhanced are not accepted. Name tag should be hand-held. Applicants should not wear eye glasses or any accessory that may cover their facial features when they are having their pictures taken.

3. Any valid ID such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, current Office ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport or Police Clearance which contain the applicant’s picture, signature, birthdate, and the signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency. Photocopy of the same should be attached to the approved application form to serve as reference for Room Examiners on the day of the examination.

4. Examination fee of Php 350.00.

When I submitted my documents for review, the officer-in-charge asked me what's demography (my master's degree program I'm currently enrolled in UP Diliman) all about. I told her that it's all about population studies but more on the technical side (statistics), not just theories. Then she asked me why I am working in a BPO industry as a call center agent. She also asked if I also graduated in UP in college. I said yes. I think she was conveying me a message that I should be working somewhere else because I am a graduate of UP. Then I proceeded in explaining her that I used to work as a college instructor before and I need to finish first my master's degree before I could go back to the academe. Sigh! Should I really have to explain to her everything? Hehehe. Anyway, that's it. I'll be waiting for April 25, and I hope we would pass the Civil Service Examination. Thank you, Lord!