Happiness


Happiness is a very subjective factor in one's life. When I got a slot on scholarship, my sisters weren't happy at all. Why? Because that means I would not be working but would focus my time on my graduate studies. I completely understand them. My family expects a lot from me. But for me, I was very happy. Getting a scholarship grant is not that easy plus the fact that I would be studying in the premier university of the country.

Being happy doesn't depend on achieving what you want, but rather making the best out of what is given. I've known persons who are rich, yet they are not happy. Some are successful in their chosen careers but what you can see on them are sad, empty faces and hearts. I have my own story of successes. There are times that I don't feel happy, not until I learned to enjoy what is given to me and what I have achieved.


Life isn't fair, it never was. The only thing that can make you completely happy is contentment. Be contented on what you have, but be sure to aim high and never stop believing that you can do better every time. But if all else fails, don't forget that an ordinary you has an extraordinary God to back you up.
 
=================================================
NEXT ARTICLE:

THE UP OBLATION