Valentine's Special

Valentine’s Special
By Arvin Cubid

I sought to seek shelter
Near a friend I already new
But the only thing I remember
Was being beside with you

I was afraid to talk
Because you were a stranger to me
It was like there was a wall
That which none can see

But I was surprised on what happened
You were the first one to say hi
Though I try to pretend there’s nothing
I cannot stop my eyes

And as I look at you
Strange as it may seem
It’s like your nothing you
And this is a familiar scene

I was skeptical at first
Why are you so nice to me
Though I assumed the worst
It was far from reality

So I also said hi
And that’s were it all began
I knew if I didn’t try
There will be nothing in the end

From then on we were friends
And that was okay to me
No matter where we went
I only want you to be happy

You were very sweet to me
And show it with full heartiness
But the absolute reality
Is we’re nothing more than friends

I tried to pretend
And I sometimes lie to myself
I don’t want to fall in love again
And I don’t need anyone’s help

Everybody always sees us
Like there’s a deeper relationship
That only brought upon rust
On our steady friendship

As the rain slowly stops
And it finally comes to a halt
I leave you and the shelter
Without a single word

I know I will regret this
Pretending I don’t know
That I wish that something between us
Could’ve been so much more

I’m sorry, if my heart is blind
I’m sorry, if I won’t unwind
I’m sorry, if I just pretend
I’m sorry, I won’t love again

I’m sorry, if I couldn’t see
The beauty right in front of me
The angel who gave up her wings
So that she could be with me