CRISTINA "KRING-KRING" GONZALES-ROMUALDEZ SEEKING FOR REELECTION IN THE CITY COUNCIL OF TACLOBAN


Marian Rivera and Councilor Cristina Gonzales-Romualdez

I just read an online news from Manila Bulletin that Cristina Gonzales-Romualdez (wife of Tacloban City Mayor Alfred Romualdez) is seeking for reelection on 2010 elections in the City Council of Tacloban. During the 2007 elections, the Filipina actress-turned-politician garnered the highest number of votes among the candidates for the city council.

I really don't know her specific achievements done for Taclobanons during her three-year term, but when I spent a four-day vacation in Leyte, I noticed several changes in the city: (1) There's already a Robinsons Mall which is really, really good. (2) The old, big building which is used to house the Smart telecommunications office was gone. It was replaced with a salon named after her.

I've seen Kring-kring personally twice. First was when his husband, Tacloban City Mayor Alfred Romualdez, and her went to our barangay. I really couldn't think what they did there. I was a small kid that time. All I know was that they kept on shaking hands with the folks and I saw Cristina applying alcohol all over her hands after she shook the "dirty" hands of my kababayans. That scenario is very, very clear to my mind and I always remember that. Second was when I attended a church service at Victory Christian Fellowship at Robinsons Galleria in Ortigas just two months ago. She and her husband went to the stage wherE Pastor Cabiling interviewed them, and they told the congregation that they are planning to plant a church in Tacloban City. They are Christians I thought.


I just hope that she would use the position given to her by God to serve Taclobanons in her full capacity. 
====================================================
NEXT ARTICLE:


BANGON PILIPINAS FILED THEIR COCS