A POEM OF SERENITY




God, grant me the serenity to accept things
I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can
And wisdom to know the difference.


It is my prayer dear Lord to bless the people
Who are close to my heart
That they may enjoy the raindrops of blessings
You have poured out.


My loving Father, I plead unto You:
Restore my faith, revive my soul;
Give me a refreshing spirit; ,
Hide me into Your wings of love and mercy.

I became blind for a reason,
Reason which the world would never accept,
Just as You condemned it,
By Your utterance You proclaimed, ‘it’s foolishness!’


But I thank You Jesus for Your abounding love to me,
That by Your grace and mercy I became strong
Through Your power and compassion,
My wounds have been healed; You have set me free.


Living one day at a time;
Enjoying the moment at a time;
Accepting the hardship as the pathway to peace
Considering the circumstances as a test..


Taking as He did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His will.


This made me realize one thing:
Life on earth is not that easy.
But God Himself said, “Cast all your cares unto Him
For He cares for you.”


Honestly I would say
That it is hard to let go
But I would rather let God mold me
In His very own and special way.


That You and I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him forever in the next chapter.
Would you rather strive for something of eternal value
Than be temporarily satisfied with this ephemeral world?
====================================================
NEXT ARTICLE:


146TH BIRTHDAY OF ANDRES BONIFACIO